Re: [HCDX] Question about Minidisc recorders

Re: [HCDX] Question about Minidisc recorders

At 20.24 08/12/2003 +0100, Max wrote:

So, I am still anxious to know if there are already good minidiscs which
don't produce this interference when they are connected to a (Sony
ICF7600GR) portable receiver.

Maybe the main problem is the receiver, or/and the cable, not only the minidisc recorder.
I'm also using, when travelling, a Sony MZ-R700 with the old Grundig Satellit 700, but there is no interference at all with the recorder sitting 20 cm from the receiver and even with the recorder connected to the mains power supply.
To obtain an audible level of noise I have to place the MZ-R700 exactly on the top cover of the receiver, 2 cm from the internal rod antenna and the noise is audible in the LW band and in the lower part of the MW. Nothing on SW using the internal built in aerial.
I have also tested the connection with two others old ( very old ) portables : a Satellit 600 and a venerable Zenith 3000 : same thing, using a good homebrew cable ( well screened ) between the units I'm not able to notice any noise.
I don't have any portable Sony receiver to put under test but I think that a modern portable set lack a serious internal shielding and rf filtering.

Just to explain my personal experience, good luck!

Flavio

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.