Re: [HCDX] [radiostamps] "First ever 'DX-ing' postal stamp issuedinthe world!"

> The postage stamp is on the left but the one on the right with the DXers is
> surely only a photograph?
>
> Here in the UK you can also have such things produced - they are called
> "smilers" : you send a copy of a photograph of yourself to Royal Mail with a
> fee and they print a sheet of stamp-sized photos attached to proper postage
> stamps - just like the one on this Greek envelope. But the photo itself is
> not valid as a postage stamp on its own.
>
> see www.royalmail.com/smilers
>
> 73s Dave

** It is possible here too. When I read their offer (Do you want to have your face on a
postal stamp?) for the first time, I thought it was really so. But in fact the stamp is
devided into two parts (with a perforation in the middle), one of them is blank and later
they print your photo on the stamp sheet on a laser printer.
What you can do yourself too, you just print your small faces on a normal paper, then cut
one of them off and glue it beside the stamp on an envelope...

Karel