[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 10-12

** ANGUILLA. After several days missing due to some local problem, DGS on
Caribbean Beacon heard back on air Dec 10 at 1435 on 11775, but with constant
lite noise in background. Seems like a satellite downlink or dish positioning
problem. Also Dec 11 around 0600 on 6090 with DRM ACI de Luxembourg 6095 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. On Dec 12, 6000 in Spanish was still going at 0701, but off
when I tuned by again at 0702. 6060, however, was opening Teatro de la Opera, a
CMBF program I have heard before at this time. Then found it also on 9550 at
0712. Maybe the engineer on duty at site likes to listen to R. Musical Nacional
before going home; is it every UT Tuesday? May as well put it on Monitoring
Reminders Calendar. Feature on Giuseppe di Stefano, with some great old
recordings, but his rendition of ``Celeste Aïda`` was cut off before he
finished at 0720 to brief open carrier and off. How rude. You never know when
they will pull the plug.

Meanwhile another RHC frequency, 6180 was still on at 0708 with speech in
Spanish (not Fidel or Hugo) about Venezuela. Perhaps had switched to feed from
another domestic network after English closing nominally at 0700 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

On Dec 12 at 0701 check, R. Martí was on 5980 with jamming. But the poor
DentroCuban Jamming Command had to split its resources to keep 5890 jammed as
well, altho RM was not on it at the moment. I wonder if RM switches 5890/5980
from one night to the next or back and forth during the transmission, but am
not about to stay up later to find out.

Likewise at 1506 Dec 12 I found heavy jamming on 11750, but no RM, where I had
heard it loud & clear only once before. RM was coming thru the usual jamming on
11930 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. ANU Le Buzz, 19160, Dec 10 at 1441 // fundamental 9580 but at this
hour stronger on 19160. Also Dec 11 at 1503, 19160 buzz with some modulation
underneath, ranging S4 to S9 +7. And Dec 12 at 1514, steady at S9 +10 with
buzz, and traces of voice (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Stood by on 9525 at 1530 Dec 12 after a sesqihour of hum and
traces of modulation, to find out exactly when VOI would begin the 6:24
Gam-Drake loop with frequent English IDs. It was at 1532 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** JORDAN. R. Jordan, 11690, Dec 12 at 1500-1503 with R. Jordan 96.3 FM ID and
3 minutes of news during pause in pop music before and after. All the news
concerned the Middle East; how provincial (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** LIBYA [non]. V. of Africa, 17725 via France, Dec 12 at 1512 with big
carrier, hum/buzz and occasional clix, but no voice modulation (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

(I have been busy with Monitoring Times column, so not much monitoring time for
myself the past few days)

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: