[DX] AIR Ahmedabad

Tervehdys,

AIR Ahmedabad lienee tänä päivänä yksi helpoimmin kuultavissa oleva
paikallinen AIR asema keskiaalloilla. Taajuus on 846 kHz ja kuuluvuus
mahdollinen aloituksen yhteydessä 0025 UTC tai lopetuksen aikoihin 1740 UTC.

Ohessa mukava suora vastaus asemalta, intialaiseksi asemaksi itse asiassa
ylitsepursuavan ystävällinen.

73
Jim Solatie, Espoo

***

Sub: Our radio programme received in Finland.
Ref: Your letter dated 20th December, 2002.

Dear Sir,

It is really surprising to know that our small transmitter of 200 KW
capacity operating in Medium Wave band (846 KHz) is capable to reach Finland
at approximately 6500 kms distance. We listened to the cassette recording as
recorded on your receiver set and it is confirmed that the signals you
received were radiated from our transmitter.

It is an unbelievable phenomena, but a fact. The transmitter through which
we radiate our programmes can serve only about 300 to 400-KM radial
distances. But it reaches to far off place like Finland--almost the other
end of the globe is really fantastic.

Ahmedabad is a capital radio station of Gujarat State in the western part of
India. We broadcast our programmes mostly in Gujarati--the lingua franca of
this region and also in Hindi, Sindhi, Urdu & English languages for the
people of Gujarat State and neighbouring states. The station is part of All
India Radio network, the largest radio network in the world covering almost
the entire country through its transmitters located all over the nation.

Stay tuned to our radio station and do write to us. We would like to know
more about the technical setup devised by your group for hunting strange
radio signals emanating from corners of the earth.

Yours faithfully,

(MANUBHAI JANI)
DEPUTY DIRECTOR
For DIRECTOR