Re: the QSL debate

This is a message from "David Onley" <donley@xxxxxxxxxx>

> If you want to see how valuable QSLs can be, look how this debate has
> carried on! Never mind do they prove anything. Never mind do others
> understand. We sure love our QSLs, don't we? And isn't that all that
> matters, gentlemen?

Exactly..

MY QSL collection is more than just a worthless collection of old cards.. Each
card represents a moment in my DXing life.. So many jubilant occassions..

So many great memories of years of DXpeditions & mateship.. The QSL card
represents far more than just hearing the station..

It's what we have gone through to hear the station as well. Sitting in snake
& mosquito infested swamps.. sometimes for up to 10 days in hostile weather..

The travelling.. the thousands of km' & dollars over the years..

The memories of car breakdowns, thunderstorms, equipment failure etc

Sitting around a campfire under the stars enjoying a few beers after a
successful nights listening.. The people we have met.. It just goes on & on..

A QSL card sure can tell a thousand stories...

It maybe just a piece of old paper.. but Geeez.. I've had some fun over the
years collecting them..

Cheers
Dave

p.s  As a famous Dxer once put it.. The QSL card is the orgasm of radio dxing..
<grin>

  ,-._|\   David Onley. Email: donley@xxxxxxxxxx
 /  Oz  \  Mediumwave & Tropical Band DXer.
 \_,--.x/  http://www.vds.com.au/~donley/dxing.html