Re: [HCDX]: R.San Marino Intl. once again...

Re: [HCDX]: R.San Marino Intl. once again...

Willi:

You are right, of course.  The issue is, though, just what you mentioned...
I remember a time back in 1970 when the Viet Cong Radio was broadcasting
from Cambodia...Not too hard to hear here in the USA.  Verified it via
their Paris office...They mentioned it was in Cambodia...Therefore it was a
valid QSL for Cambodia, even tho there was no "official approval" for the
station, only a tacit one.

The station later moved across the river to S. Vietnam.  It then was
considered a proper station to verify for S. Vietnam.  The station surely
did not have the permission of the S. Vietnamese government...but it was
there....

You can come up with many many examples of unique cases...I don't know if
the S. Marino site was used...And I guess we'll never know.  It possibly
wasn't..they surely claimed it, tho..and I am one to claim that the
Government's "OK" doesn't hold water...Just look at the Pirate scene in the
70's with Caroline and R. Nordsee International...

All it means is that people have their own opinions, and I am surely not
one to try and dictate mine on someone else...But the important thing is
that "people are talking and discussing it"..That, in itself, makes this
discussion all worthwhile.

Dan Henderson sends...