Re: [HCDX]: Unfair DX ???

hmmm   Your friend might stand a chance of defending his position if uses
nothing but cat's whisker receivers.  Otherwise he's buried in his own
(il)logic.  If he wants to tell someone else how to do things he really
should start a business and hire some employees.

Dan

At 21:23 02/09/98 +0100, khonzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>From:     Karel Honzik                         Date: 09 FEB 1998 (Monday)
>     Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC (Czechia), Europe
>     khonzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>** As the Sun sinks slowly in the west, it is time for another DX session **
>

>Hello fellow DXers,

    <snip>

>My friend was listening for a while and then he said:
>"But it is not fair! Would you really be pleased of such stations that
>a machine recorded for you and you just came later and picked them up
>from the tape? I do not know if I would display QSL cards of such stations
>to other DXers saying - look what stations I catched on a DXpedition.
>I think the only fair way is to discover the station, to choose the
>right antenna, to get rid of noise and QRM by choosing the USB or LSB etc.
>Then comes the real joy that I managed (by my own means) to do the
>whole process untill the final identification and writing down of the
>programme details".

    <snip>

>Thanks + GOOD DX,
>
>- de Karel.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Dan Ferguson, KF4VCB                  Northern Virginia   +
+ df@xxxxxxxxxx                                             +
+ Wanted:                                                   +
+ Heath SB310/SB620/AR-3                                    +
+         Knight 83YU726 (predecessor of R100) or R100      +
+         Barlow Wadley XCR-30                              +
+         BC221 Freq Meter                                  +
+  Check out the #swl channel on EFNET Internet Relay Chat  +