Re: [HCDX]: Unfair DX ???

>"Bill Harms" <wharms@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>I also fail to understand the problem with DXing while on vacation
>and sending out QSL reports for the receptions.  I have done it
>myself and it is a wonderful way to pass the time for me. If someone
>is up front about it, what difference does it make?  DXing is a
>personal hobby when it comes right down to it, and as long as a DXer
>is not cheating by making fraudulent loggings (Yes, I have seen some
>fraudulent reception reports) it makes not difference to me how he
>caught the station.

>Bill
>Bill's Ultimate TIS Digest
>http://www.erols.com/wharms/tis

That's not DXing when you are listening on vacation abroad to local stations
and after that you'll send a listening report. It is another hobby which name I
personally don't know, somebody could inform me about that if possible ;-)

Personally I do ONLY bandscans (and only the FM ones) during while on abroad
and inform right sources responsible for updating lists.
There are differencies in DX-moral between many countries, that is a fact and
always has been. Those who cheat in DX-hobby do NOT send logs to magazines.
They will copy loggings from various DX-bulletins and then send faked "reports"
to stations. I have even seen details copied straight from the town map (names
of the streets, shops, telephone numbers and so on) and these will do as
programme details.
In most of the cases the ONLY interest for them are the stickers. Yes,
they collect only the stickers. In many cases stations will stop answering to
real DX-reports because they don't believe nobody after faked "send me stickers"
reports. Personally I would like to suggest that all those whose reports have
been clearly seen as a faked ones should be published in a separate list in
various DX-bulletins (WRTH could do as well).

In conclusion: Those who send reports while on vacation should always mention
that it is just a listener letter/or a report done on a local listening area
(local AM-stations or FM).

FM73

-Hannu-

Still two months to come..Sporadic E's..all heard and reported in Finland, hi !