Re: [HCDX]: Noisetrouble

Although I am living in a quiet surroundings, also here I am suffering from
quite a lot of noise and man-made interference.
Several yearts ago the MW-band was totally spoilt by a heavy noise, which
was caused by a faulty outdoor lamp, about 200 meters from here.
Last year I found a 24 hours a day noise in the 3,4,8 and 9 MHZ band. This
time the interference is caused by anti-theft equipment ("gates" at the
entrance/exit) of a shop, about 700 (!) meters from here. This source was
detected with the help of the Dutch PTT. They informed me that the
equipment in the shop is oke, nothing is wrong and the radiated noise is
well below the allowed maximum level..... I wonder what is the power of
such source ( Between my house/antenna and the shop the terrain is fully
occupied by houses, so no direct sight between antenna an source of
interference).
Since some time I am using the MFJ Deluxe Noise Canceling Signal Enhancer,
Model MFJ-1026, which helps me a lot in reducing the noise, not only this
described interference but also a lot of other noise (TV, computer etc.).

73,
Max van Arnhem, the Netherlands
mvarnhem@xxxxxx