Re: [HCDX]: Noisetrouble

Your problem has many similarities to one that I went through a number
of years ago - particularly the starting in the afternoon, and being
worst in the tropical bands.

The cause of my problem was a faulty ceramic insulator on a 20 kV
transformer about 100 meters from the house, causing corona discharges.
These were picked up by the antenna, of course. The problem was on-off
type and completely absent on some days. It was most likely to occur on
days with high relative humidity - check that!

Good Hunting, Johan

Regards, Leif