RE: [HCDX]: Medium wave bandwidth + popularity

RE: [HCDX]: Medium wave bandwidth + popularity

Hi!

> Finally - has anyone heard any news on the introduction of digital
> broadcasting on medium wave? I know that DeutschlandRadio,
> Berlin,  carried
> some tests in 1995 on 810 kHz - but what have happened since then. When it
> comes to short wave the digital plans (DRM) seem to be a lot more
> imminent.

These tests are still being carried out (at least I heard them on 810 kHz
the last week). But luckily during daytime and with low power only. I can
remember, when they were using 50 kW in 95!  I could forget to hear anything
plus/minus 50 kHz! And I'm about 170 km away from Berlin. Later it was
admitted that something was wrong during these tests, causing tremendous
splash.

Bye,
Martin