[HCDX]: Medium wave bandwidth + popularity

[HCDX]: Medium wave bandwidth + popularity

I Europe the bandwidth for medium wave stations is supposed to be 4.5 kHz,
but in the UK they get away with using 6 kHz. In the US and elsewhere in
the Americas I believe the bandwidth is 9 kHz and in Japan 10 kHz.
Australia 9 kHz I think. South Africa ?

Are there someone out there that know more on this??

I have heard that in Spain they use a wider bandwidth than in the rest of
Europe. Is that correct?

I would appreciate VERY much if someone in Spain - or elsewhere - could
help me on this.

If someone could tell me where to find info on the current situation with
medium wave broadcasting in places like South Africa, Australia and Japan
(where medium wave used to very important) I would like that too.

The most recent figures from the US seems to indicate that AM listening is
on the rise again, after many years of a noticable decrease. True?

Finally - has anyone heard any news on the introduction of digital
broadcasting on medium wave? I know that DeutschlandRadio, Berlin,  carried
some tests in 1995 on 810 kHz - but what have happened since then. When it
comes to short wave the digital plans (DRM) seem to be a lot more imminent.

Best 73's

Stig Hartvig Nielsen
>hartvig@xxxxxx<
or fax: +45 70 222 888