Re: [HCDX]: Beverage Antennas

Here on the Northern Oregon Coast we have alot of deer and elk, but I
don't have much problem where my antennas runs. However, I have had a
herd of elk wak right through the neighbors barbed wire fence and tear
my beverage antenna up too. That isn't often though.  My biggest
problems here are the high winds of 70+ MPH tearing  down the trees to
fall across the antennas, knocking them to the ground. At times. Last
November we had one of the strongest wind storms I can remember, gusts
of 113 mph.But winds in the 70-80 Mph range are common. We have had
about eight of such storms so far this season. I am sure more to come...

73s,
Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR  (USA)

--- Begin Message ---
My problem in central Michigan with my beverages:  deer.  They run all
over the woods.  Often I find the beverage down and trace the path. If
the wire makes a sudden 90 degree turn into the woods, I know a buck
caught it in his antlers.

It gets worse during the fall deer hunting season when they are running
all over to avoid bullets and arrows.  Then you have the damn
tresspassers who sometimes "complain" of the dangerous wires laying all
over. Believe it!!!

It's real hard to maintain the beverage farm.

73,
Don Hosmer  N8TAV