Re: [HCDX]: Beverage Antennas

Hi:

I have talked with others about beverages and they should not be any
higher than 10 feet off the Ground and the antenna becomes less
directional. Closer to the Ground the better. I run mine neighbors
property also, Cow pasture land , about 200 ares or so. My Eastern
Beverage runs about a foot or so above a barbed wire fence running at 75
degrees and the Northern Beverage runs in the brambles right on the
other side of another fence to the North. They are away from people and
there aren't any kids around here. Occasionally  I do get some elk
through the area though, but that is rare too.
I have experimented with elevation, from 4 feet to about 6-7 feet and I
notice the gain might be abit better wen it is higher, but it is more
directional closer to the Ground. My wires run over wet land alot of the
year. They are terminated in swampy land.

73s,
Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR (USA)