Re: [HCDX]: Re: Beverages

On 21 January, Aart Rouw wrote:

> I have now prepared some 100m of wire to use, but this is still much less
than
> 1.0 wavelength for mediumwave. I have no clue if this already gives some
> directionality. In principle I can extend the wire at will. I have located
> parking place where I would be able to lay a few 100m out (direction
west).

Here in Australia some members of the Australian Radio DX Club head out on
DXpeditions every so often, usually to a location where a few hundred metres
of wire can be run out, depending on how much "bush bashing" one wants to
do. With wires running in a similar direction we haven't noted much
difference between 200 and 600 metres, some stations are slightly higher on
one, some on the other.

The direction seems to be much more important, at one trip I had a wire at
around 250m and another at almost right angles to the first, probably about
150m. Reception patterns off these was totally different from one to the
other.

Richard