Re: [HCDX]: Re: Beverage reels

>Beverage winders...
>
>There are two options available in NZ, apart from building one from
>scratch... and I would think similar units are available elsewhere...

>1. Buy a watering hose reel from a garden shop... I would suggest paying
>the extra and buying a metal one.
>
>2. An electric fence reel from an agricultural goods supplier.
>
>73s Paul

I use a sturdy plastic hose reel bought in Kmart for about $20. I have about
2500 metres on it at present and it does the job well.. however it pays to
do modifications to it depending on how much wire you have on it. By
inserting a few steel rods (decreasing depth) you can cut down on the number
of rotations to bring the wire in.

Instead of turning the handle 1000 times (With arm your falling off) Its far
better doing it 500 times with the same amount of wire..

It's still a two man job.. One pulls the wire while the other reels it in.
Anything over 500m is just too heavy.

I'd like a dollar for everytime we have spoken about the need for a
motorized version.. If anyone has any ideas.. Then please post them here!

73
Dave

This Email originated from David Onley
Mediumwave & Tropical Band Dxer