Re: [HCDX]: One last beverage question

Hi Paul

>Due to geographical constraints, I can't run Beverages much further than 475
>metres from my site, the best two for North America are 310 metres and my
>best Latin Bev is 475m. They all work amazingly well, I hear all sorts of
>great DX on them and am satisfied with their performance... I would love to
>be in the psotion to use 600m wires but can't for the afore-mentioned
>reasons... the point here is that if you only have 200 or 300 metres, don't
>right the idea of a Beverage or longwire off... by all means try it and see
>(hear!) how well it performs!

Well yes I'd agree with most of what you said. We ran a 250m bev along the
ground aimed at Queensland and it worked superb for hearing the aussie
stuff, so I agree with you on trying 200 - 300 metres with limited access.

At Marlo all we can get out is 250m as well and we hear some good latin stuff.

What I was trying to say though is that I've tried at least 50 beverages
over the years (All various lengths & heights) with varied results.. its
hard to say if any two have worked the same.. But what I'm seeing (or
hearing) now is that I've had most success with the bevs around the 600m mark.

But point taken Paul & I know many Dxers get good results with just 200m
along the ground.. I think its getting back to what everyone is saying
here.. geographical conditions have a huge say as do propagation conditions
<grin>

73
Dave

This Email originated from David Onley