Sv: [HCDX]: What is a good report (Was: QSL Radio Mosoj Chaski)

Sv: [HCDX]: What is a good report (Was: QSL Radio Mosoj Chaski)

> Hermod Pedersen wrote: (in 1998 :-) )
>
> > By Scandinavian DXing standards this is not an acceptable reception
report. By
> > these standards there has to be more specific programming details
included.
> > Anyone agreeing?
> > Anyone not agreeing?
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> > Hermod Pedersen

Yes I agree. A reception report must contain specific programme details
that can verify that you were listening to the station or it must include a
good, precise description of what was being hear.

I find myself increasingly using reception reports with no or hardly any
details - but then including a cassette tape recording of the station for
1-3 minutes. It's a bit more expensive and the chances of the report
reaching the addressee is probably slighly less good than with ordinary
envelopes - but it's a lot faster for me to prepare the report.

If reception is good and there are a couple of goods clear programme
details - then I will use the "usual" reception report with the writtem
programme details.

Having been a v/s myself for stations like Radio Viking, Quality AM, Radio
ABC/Denmark, Radio Station EDXC 95 and World Music Radio - I appreciate
taped reception reports. It's very easy to slam the cassette tape into your
cassette deck and listen for a few seconds (if youre busy) and to determine
- oh yes that's our radiostation.  Btw - as a v/s I also appreciate reports
written on A4 sheets - with a typewriter or pc. Including a sticker (label)
 with ones own name and adress is an excellent idea. What I generally
dislike is some of the reports handwritten on a tiny piece of paper (A5 and
smaller) or even on a number of small pieces of paper - some of it very
hard to read.

Best of 73's
Stig Hartvig Nielsen