Re: [HCDX]: Radio Bleue tx hours

At 20.55 4.12.1999 +0200, Per-Ole Stenman wrote:
>I have noted that these FF-stations are off the air during night. I visited
>Lyon last year and could not even hear 603 then locally which of course was
>a disappointment for me - While visiting different cities I like to hear
>the local stations which I have managed to hear in Finland.
>And about 837 kHz, many good catches of COPE-stations have been heard in
>Finland thanks to the silence of the stronger French stations. Maybe Radio
>Bleue-stations time schedule varies from time to time, but I have got the
>opinion that they are quite "lazy" broadcasters (power?) nowadays compared
>to the situation in 70's and 80's.

I think some of them are "getting activated" during the night. Activation
doesn't seem to have much logic, sometimes they are on, sometimes not. At
this time, 21 UT, 1557 is on, I think it hasn't been there even in the
evening.
Haven't they always been with a bit low signal in respect to power? I think
that in the 70's I heard something about them using a special kind of
antennas, which produce a lot of signal near the transmitter and the rest
goes straight to outer space, allowing very little skywave propagation to
nearby countries?

73, Mauno