RE: [HCDX]: WGTG 6.890 SSB

At 13.45 7.2.2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Can anyone give a hint on how to get a QSL from WGTG?
>Over the years of WGTG's existence I have tried all sort of letters
>(interesting/dull/simple/thorough/personal/formal/souvernirs/no-souvernirs/d
>ollars/no-dollars/SASE/IRC), recordings on floppy disk, e-mail... i.e. quite
>many attempts with absolutely no results. Once I even wrote to one of the
>"survivor" content providers, but all I got as a reply was a newsletter
>trying to sell all sort of essential goods like bottles of oxygene.
>Or is it just that the laws of probability haven't been failed with me yet?

Hi,
	I have the same experience as Mika Makelainen: an e-mail follow-up gave
result and Dave Frantz told: "WE ARE WAY BEHIND ON  ON QSL'ING DUE TO
POLITICAL ATTACK SEEKING TO GET THIS STATION SHUT DOWN  ANYWAY I WILL SEND
YOU FULL QSL CARD ASAP".(In fact there was some kind of trouble with the
neighbors because WGTG broadcast religious programs of a "wrong" Church).
But guess if the QSL ever came?
	I agree with John Wright: I have heard that many DXers 5 USD or more to
stations like this. I think we should agree to send a max 1 USD or 2 IRCs,
because it seems that many stations have found this an easy way to collect
some money. I guess they just reply to every 100th report to keep the money
coming!

73, Mauno