RE: [HCDX]: LW-MW Bandscan & ALA1530

> But that is hardly a surprise, because almost every loop antenna
> will provide
> better results on LW/MW than a short L-antenna of the kind you
> mentioned. I
> know that very well from my own experience here ;-)
>
> Which does not mean that I do not agree with you that the ALA1530 is an
> excellent choice. I am using one myself and I am very satisfied with the
> results, even when using the antenna indoors.

Testing MW was one of the first things I did.  It is however also often
giving better results on shortwave, and on the tropical bands it is without
any doubt superior to my longwire.

Before mounting the ALA on the roof, I tested it also indoors.  On MW it was
already giving better results than my longwire, but not on SW.  There the
signal much lower.  But now I already managed to heard R Liberté, Gbadolite
CGO on 15725USB at 2005.

There are also some minor points :

It is a pity that there is no antennapole mounting included, and non UK
residents have to buy their own power supply.

Guido.