RE: [HCDX] Unwanted mails from abroad!

Per-Ole Stenman wrote:

> And how do you come to this conclusion??

Because if I was in a country in the middle of a civil war and my life was
in danger, I wouldn't give especially high priority to receiving unsolicited
mail from someone thousands of miles away :-) Perhaps I'm wrong. But it's
only an opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

> I think it is a dangerous attitude concluding, you cannot send letters to
> stations, it is the same as saying "excuse me for being a dx-er". Most
> stations appreciate response from their listerners.

It's not an attitude I hold generally, but I prefer to take each case on its
merits. A small commercial station in Latin America will be thrilled to get
a letter from someone in Sweden. I just can't equate that with the very
different circumstances under which Radio Ecclesia is operating. The Angolan
government want an excuse to get Ecclesia off the air. I'm quite certain
that mail to the station will be intercepted. They could argue that by
becoming a de facto international broadcaster, the station is in breach of
its licence. They could use foreign DXers' reception reports as evidence of
this. If, after considering these facts, you still want to go ahead and send
a report to Radio Ecclesia, by all means do so. Each of us has to make our
own decisions.

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt