From: hard-core-dx-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Willi Passmann
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 7:34 AM
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HCDX] RE: VHF Antenna, was: attachments and question

Hello David,

welcome to the list. Regarding your antenna question: Sometimes the
funniest arrangements work, so you can at least try to connect the antenna.
However, I would not expect an improvement as the antennas are built for a
much higher frequency range than shortwave, so most any random wire should
give you a higher signal level.

If you are restricted to indoor antennas, a loop antenna is likely to give
you the best improvement you can reach, as this kind of antenna is
directional on low frequencies and quite effective in supressing electrical
noise.

Maybe some of the antenna FAQs will be a help: Do a "Search in broad" on
www.radio-portal.org, combining the categories "FAQs" and "Antennas".

vy 73,
Willi

--
     _/_/ http://www.radio-portal.org
    _/_/ The search engine for Hams and SWLs