[HCDX] SWL Gathering near Philadelphia March 2001: Winter SWL Festival: Update

[HCDX] SWL Gathering near Philadelphia March 2001: Winter SWL Festival: Update

The largest gathering of listeners, shortwave and from longwave to UHF, in
North America (if not the world) is now just about six months away. Make
your plans, and don't forget to make a set-aside in your budget. During the
summer months here, we've made some Web page additions that may be of
interest. Have a look.

http://www.trsc.com/winterfest.html

---

Following the year 2000 Winter SWL Festival, Risto Vahakainu traveled to
HCJB in Quito. Allen Graham had a 20-minute interview with the EDXC
Secretary General. The interview was aired on DX Partyline on 18 March 2000.
Just listen... and you'll see why you should attend.

We thank Allen Graham, the host of DX Partyline, for his generosity in
providing the audio file. You'll have the opportunity to meet Allen and
Risto in Kulpsville in March 2001.

---

We now have a bit of background history on the Winter SWL Festival,
including pictures of Pancho Villa and a link to two interesting books on
Villa's campaigns. And if one were to know, we located a recording of the
last broadcast of the Voice of Pancho Villa (thanks to Big Steve Cole). A
few more weather sites, including a long-range weather outlook, have been
added to the links page. And we now have a link to the 2000 European DX
Council gathering coming up this October.

---

And we invite you to look through the rest of the Web site for new Reference
material, a verification card collection dating back to 1955 and more.

---

Questions? Please ask. Links to the Winterfest Committee are provided.

---
Thomas R. Sundstrom <trs@xxxxxxxx>
TRS Consultants <http://www.trsc.com>
PO Box 2275, Vincentown, NJ 08088-2275, USA
+1 609 859 2447 | Fax +1 609 859 3226