Re: [HCDX] EWE antenna

Hi:

I have been using a EWE antenna here on the Northern Oregon coast near
Seaside since the early 80s and I have had excellent results. I recently
put up a K9AY antenna with better results. There is less sideband
splatter than with the EWE. The EWE does have been gain though in
comparing them. All my antennas  are terminated in very wet salty soil
about a mile from the Pacific Ocean which does help. Both the EWE and
the K9AY antenna are directional to the SW-NW and they work very well
for Asia and the Pacific.  I have found that the K9AY antenna needs
better grounding than the EWE. I have 3-4 rods in the ground for the EWE
and 8 for the  K9AY. If you can try both antennas and check out your
results. If possible have them both up and running and that way you can
compare them closely.  Good luck.

73s,

Patrick
http://community.webtv.net/BobAndPatrick