Re: [HCDX] AM reception

I would prefer the Sony. I had a ICF 2001 D (equivalent to the American
2010) with me on every overseas vacation and would not do without it. AM
reception (DX) was important to me, and I used a small magnetic loop antenna
for that purpose, although the built-in ferrite antenna may be sufficient in
most cases.

The Grundig seems to be poor on AM, as I read in a review published in the
German Radio-Kurier recently. You will find some reviews of portable
receivers via the URL shown below - click on "Search in broad" and choose
the categories "Receivers" and
"Reviews".

The Lowe HF 150 is also very recommendable for AM reception, but could be
too expensive outside of Europe (just an assumption).

Have fun,
Willi

--
     _/_/ http://www.radio-portal.org