Re: [HCDX] AM reception

At 01:43 20/11/00 +0100, Willi Passmann wrote :
>I would prefer the Sony. I had a ICF 2001 D (equivalent to the American
>2010) with me on every overseas vacation and would not do without it. AM
>reception (DX) was important to me, and I used a small magnetic loop antenna
>for that purpose, although the built-in ferrite antenna may be sufficient in
>most cases.
>
>The Grundig seems to be poor on AM, as I read in a review published in the
>German Radio-Kurier recently. You will find some reviews of portable
>receivers via the URL shown below - click on "Search in broad" and choose
>the categories "Receivers" and
>"Reviews".
>
>The Lowe HF 150 is also very recommendable for AM reception, but could be
>too expensive outside of Europe (just an assumption).
>
>Have fun,
>Willi

That's right. The Sony is fine. However the Grundig has a better audio
section. This may sound trivial but in difficult conditions listening to
the Sony over several hours can become tiresome due to its poor audio.

Maybe the AOR 7030 (I'm not quite sure this is its precise denomination)
should be considered too.

Olivier Lomax
Paris - France