[HCDX] Radio Australia off the air

In a message dated 6th December, Bob Padula wrote: -

>Press coverage has largely ignored all references to the loss of RA HF or
>ABC/RA Internet output; many Australians (me included) regard RA as a waste
>of time and money, consuming scarce financial and other resources, which
>could be diverted into more useful activities.

>The strike began at 0100 UTC on December 5, and was for 24 hours only. Who
>knows? Who really cares!!

>Bob Padula
>Melbourne, Australia
>bobpadula@xxxxxxxxxxx

That's a curious attitude.  Though everyone is entitled to an opinion, I can
assure others on the list that the above is not one that is shared by the
vast majority of Dxers and SWL enthusiasts in Australia.   Most thinking
people in this country value the contribution of our public sector national
and international broadcasting organisations.    The lack of press coverage
on the RA outage is typical of the (commercial) domestic media here, and I
don't know that enough Australian's actually know enough about RA's
activities for any significant number to have a negative perception.

Craig Seager
cseager@xxxxxxxxx