[HCDX] X-Band 1650 // 1660 // 1620

Someone recently posted the same music being played on 1650 and 1660.  I had
previously heard the same music on 1620 as 1650, but they had different
announcers and commercials between strings of songs.  Last night (0200 UTC
1/15/2001, but Sunday evening local time) all three had the same music. 1660
had deep fades so I wasn't sure if they were running different commercials,
etc.

I can only assume the stations might be using the same music program obtained
by cable or satellite or ???,  then relaying the program with their own
commercials, identifications at the top of the hours, etc. (?)

Similar use of radio in the US occurs during sporting events such as
Cleveland Indians baseball games.  Several Northeast Ohio lower-powered
"local" AM stations carry a syndicated broadcast of the game and insert their
own commercials, station identifications, etc.

If the music on 1650 // 1660/ 1620 is a syndicated program distribution does
anyone have an idea as to the originator of the ffed?

(Silvi,  1/15/2001)

Lee Silvi
POBox 982
Mentor, OH 44061