[HCDX] DX observations from Denmark

ECUADOR
After Radio Villa has left 4960.3 kHz (been off for several days now) - Radio Federación noted on 4960.03 kHz with a fairly good signal from tune in 2330 until s/off around 2345. Was doing something else and didnt tape the station so it went off without me cathing an ID.

COLOMBIA
Radiodiffusora Nacional de Colombia on 9634.97 kHz is now audible almost all night long local time in Denmark with a surprising good signal. Heard mid-Janauary from 2230-0500 - except for one hour at 0100-0200 when the frequency is also used by Radio Sweden.

COLOMBIA
When looking for Bhutan (which is a regular here at 0100 on 6035.06) on January 15th I didnt hear anything at all on their frequency - not even a trace of their carrier. Instead a Latin American station was heard on 6034.88 kHz and I presume this must have been La Voz Guaviare. Severe interference but noted for two hours from 0100 till sign off with an anthem at 0257.

HONDURAS
Radio Litoral noted with many IDs on 4832.08 kHz at 0000 on January 15th. Some interference from Radio Táchira now on 4830.03 kHz.

IRAQ
Radio Iraq International was noted January 17th with a splendid signal for their English transmission. Previously they have been suffering from a lot of modulation problems. Heard from tune in at 2020 (I suppose the English broadcast commenced around 2000 - or 2015?) on 11784.95 kHz with some interference from DW in Portuguese (via the Rwanda site) till 2050 when the frequency became clear and hence reception became virtually perfect with talk on Iranian litterature and a scientific magazine. Modulation was very good even though a bit low on some of the spoken features. Music was only very slightly distorted. An enormous improvement to previous transmissions from Baghdad which were hardly readable. The transmission in English ended at 2104 UTC and then went into German. By this time some interference again and signalstrenght from Baghdad deteriorated.

KALININGRAD
LBH Radio was observed closing down one hour earlier than normal on 1386 kHz on January 15th and Mikhail Timofeyev today confirmed that - as of January 15th LBH Radio is on the air 2100-0200 UTC. This means that regular listeners to the English service of Voice of Russia 2100-2200 on 1386 kHz are in for a real surprise...

TANZANIA
Radio Tanzania Zanzibar has been noted as early as 1500 UTC on 11734.1 kHz here in Denmark - but with a good deal of interference from 11730 and 11735 - getting a lot better by 1600 UTC.

DAB-DX
I've meant to do this for a long time but finally went around to do a bit of monitoring during the past few days of VHF-UHF tropo-DX - and yes it is possible to DX signals on DAB. Usually I listen to the DAB transmitter of DR in Holstebro (which is 1 kW only) on ch. 12C (227.36 MHz) at a distance of 80 km - with an 3 element yagi aerial - but during these tropospheric condx I heard Sweden and Norway - but never at the same time. Also the signal from Holstebro disappeared. Norway was logged with the "Region Østerlandet" outlet (carrying NRK P1, P2 and P3 and two empty outlets entitled "Test" and "Info" on the ensemble). This programme comes from Oslo also on ch. 12C (power 1.2 kW) !! The distance to the transmitter (if in Oslo?) is approx. 400 kms!!   The programme from Sweden I noted was the regional DAB outlet from Gothenborg on ch. 12A - a distance of almost 200 kms.  Now some people say that with digital radio you either get a perfect signal or no signal at all. Well that is not true. I noticed at times - when the signal level obviously became too low - that the signal was suffering from some sort of gargling effect like the audio being chopped in very small pieces yet fully readable.

Best 73s

Stig Hartvig Nielsen,
Denmark