Re: [HCDX] Russian px in POR???

Dmitri

I use to listen to the news bulletins of Antena 1 every morning and I've
never heard any reference to such transmissions. I don't use to listen to
other programmes of the station, though. Anyway, I took a look at the RDP
website, in search of those programmes
 http://www.rdp.pt/antena1/h/prog.html , only in Portuguese) and I didn't
find any reference to them either. Probably Antena 1 broadcasts only short
messages in Russian, Ukrainian, Moldovan and/or Rumanian from time to time,
appealling to the legalisation of those immigrants.

As a matter of fact, Portugal has been receiving a great influx of illegal
immigrants from some Eastern European countries, especially from Ukraine and
Moldova. Many Russians and Rumanians are also arriving. According to a
Portuguese TV station, many of them are coming via Sarajevo, in
Bosnia-Herzegovina. There are engineers, doctors, lawyers, architects, etc.,
among them, but they come to work only in unqualified jobs, for little money
(according to the Portuguese standards, which are not high). Most of them
live in deplorable conditions, at the mercy of unscrupulous employers,
becoming an easy prey of them as they don't know the laws of this country
and don't speak Portuguese. But they manage to learn Portuguese surprisingly
quickly. They are peaceful and very hard working people.

73

Fernando de Sousa Ribeiro
Porto, Portugal