Re: [HCDX] A question about Radio Marti

I`m not kidding at all. I know "I" can hear them often even with the
telescopic antenna unextended at all into it`s socket on the Sangean 606
witht excellent strenghts.

But it isn`t the same way in Europe. I only heard once some Spanish on 6.03
MHz using the Umea`s Web-controlled shortwave receiver in Swden and it was
weak and with quie some QRM and not enough to ID it. If you are interesed in
using this great web-controlled receiver (you select a frequency and listen
to it as it is heard in Umea, Sweden and you DX on the Net !), just go to
http://194.165.225.6/sfors/. This web-controlled rx web-site has also a chat
where you can talk about DX strategies, targets, music, pets, or any other
subject while listening to the radio, with the other users. About 1 year and
a half before I started DX`ing, I was amazed by people I tought were from
another planet, that were from Sweden as well, from Uk, SPain, Finland and
other European countries that told me they heard my local CKAC Radio Média
on 730 kHz and other Quebec stations, New-Foundland stations like VOCM as
well as WABC and CHRQ from Alberta on 770 and Radio Vibracion 1470 from
Venezuela. At that my furthest MW catche was WSB in Atlanta, GA on 750 and I
tought anything further than Atlanta such as Savannah in SOUTHERN Georgia,
Florida, Latin America, Europe et al was impossible on MW because the
ionospheric absorptions were too high, compared to shortwave. How wrong I
was ! This site teached to me a lot about MW and SW DX`ing too (there were
some people tuning to SW pirates and tropical bands broadcasters, at that
time I thinked SW was merely for the international broadcasters because in
Romania when I was a little child in the appartaments with concrete ceilings
and walls with radios that had mostly extremely simple antennas - our main
shortwave radio at my parents house about 10 years ago when I listened to
Radio Free Europe, the BBC and things like that, was connceted to just a
random wire in strunggled along the library in our living room, so you can
imagine major international broadacsters was all I could hear). And at that
time, I didn`t even know how DX-unfriendly were the concrete buildings.

Well back to Radio Marti, you can try to get it at your home too. However,
I`m not kidding: here in Montreal I get them even with the telescopic whip
at minimum ito the socket, but in Europe they seem to be, at most, very
weak, if it was really them (the PWBR also list a religious domestic Chilean
broadcaster on 6029.6 kHz, Radio Santa Maria wich I even very tentatively
received here during the Radio Marti Monday Morning "silent period"). While
here in Montreal they are often extremely strong, I`m sure in Europe they
would be a nice DX catche ! Especially considering that 6030 is used, in the
morning at 6AM Romanian time in the winter by Radio Free Europe, so at the
best time for hearing Radio Marti on 6030 kHz in Europe due to sunrise
enhancement at the receiver end there is intense RFL co-channel QRM.

I also wonder if the cuban jammers can be picked up on a regular basis in
Europe.

Regards,
73 and good DX !
Bogdan