[HCDX]: Lighting : thks to all !

Anyway thank to all who already replied in this subject
IN a previous  message of today i noticed what i did  on MOnday with the strong
thunderstorms . Anyway the message again is  here as follows:

. I did forecast abut this problem and asked by mom in law ,when i was out  to
disconnect the antennas  from the receiver.good for it  but the smaller antenna ( 3 m )
was connected in the antenna shadowing  filter
I also  have shut off the radio etc from the power supply splitter ( this that has
numerous sockets of 220 V, but how you call it? ) by turning off  the splitter's switch
Good for the radio as it does not have any problems ( yesterday i listened for more than
1 hr the VoM's transmission on 9750  with fair signal) though i did not test yet the
antenna shadowing filter

though we have a lighting arrestor  in a nearby ( 30 m only!) high electricity tower ( 10-
-15 kV supply ) my mom in law yesterday  told me a story some years ago  that  still they
had a lightning strike  that was shot very close to them ( outside the house !!)

i wonder  if the handheld radios could have any problem in this case ...............