From: "Stig Hartvig Nielsen" <hartvig@xxxxxx>
To: "Hard Core DX" <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 10:09 AM
Subject: [HCDX] WRTH 2001 updates

> My updates for Denmark, Faroe Isl. and Greenland in the radio section of
the new WRTH 2001 were all included - so it's not old stuff all of it :-)

> But don't believe the TV section for these countries. My updates here were
not included. Not this year nor last year or ...   so very old info here,
I'm afraid.

> Another thing; Isn't it way out that the majority of the WRTH Receiver
Review section is taken up by SCANNERS. What interest would a short wave
listener, a DX'er or a broadcaster (who are the readers of WRTH) have in
scanners!!  The only "normal" short wave receivers tested are Roberts R991
and a Grundig Satellit 800.  Also a tranceiver (sic) called Yaesu FT-840 is
tested; dont think WRTH is read by many radio amateurs. Hmmm

<hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 11:22 AM
> Subject: [HCDX] Apologies
>

> > I've just come home from a few days away and had a look at the new WRTH
> > 2001 edition, and had a look at the Australian listings.
> >
> > I would like to offer my apologies for anyone who went an bought the
> > publication on the basis that the Australian listing has been updated as
> > was publicised here by us, which might have made people think up to date
> > information was being included.. I haven't checked other country lists
> > and don't have the knowledge to say whether they are close to correct or
> > not.
> >
> > On behalf of the Australian Radio DX Club I spent a fair amount of time
> > checking the listings and sending an updated list in the layout used by
> > WRTH, and then to open it and find last year's section duplicated for
> > Australia makes me pretty angry. To put it on record, the "payback" was
> > a couple of ads for the ARDXC being included.
> >
> > Basically, ignore any lists for Aussie expanded band stations in there.
> > Ignore the 1720 kHz listing in the frequency section, that died 15-20
> > years ago.
> >
> > I will try and find the original document on my system and make it
> > available to anyone who wants a list for Australia that bears some
> > relation to reality.
> >
> > And I will not waste my time sending updates to WRTH or it's publishers
> > anymore unless I am getting paid directly for that task.
> >
> > Richard

> > Copyright (c) 2000 Hard-Core-DX.com
> >
> > Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any
later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Text. A copy of the
license is available in http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.